Article V and Article VIII of the Florida Constitution provide the basis for the role of the Clerk. Pursuant to these sections of the Florida Constitution the offices of clerks of the circuit courts in each county is designated as the “ex officio clerk of the board of county commissioners, auditor, recorder, and custodian of all county funds.”
The Hamilton County Finance Department is under the supervision of the Hamilton County Clerk of the Court & County Comptroller, W. Greg Godwin. If you have questions regarding finance please contact Ruth Allen, Finance Director at 386-792-1288.
Duties as Ex officio Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners
1. Keep the records and minutes of the Board of County Commissioners
2. Custodian of the Board seal and has the authority to affix the seal to any instrument when necessary
3. Give copies of writings in his or her custody as the Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners
4. Perform such other duties as the Board may direct
Duties as Custodian and Accountant of County Funds
1. Keeping the Board’s accounts
2. Receiving and depositing funds of the county
3. Keeping an accurate and complete set of books
4. Investing excess county funds
Duties as County Auditor
1. Verify expenditures are for lawful and public purpose
2. Inspect and examine all accounts of the Board at all times
3. Act as a “watchdog” of Board financial activities
Board Agendas & Minutes are posted directly on the County's Offical Website. Click here to view.
Audited Financial Statements
Hamilton County Finance Department
You may request any documents not posted here from the
Clerk of Courts & Comptroller, W. Greg Godwin.